FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the dates of the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium?
The 2022 Global Insurance Symposium will be held April 19–21, 2022. Registration for the event will begin in January 2022.
Where will the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium be held?
The 2022 GIS event is scheduled to be held in Des Moines, Iowa, a widely recognized global hub for the insurance industry.
Who should attend the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium?
Insurance and financial services executives, including CMOs, CIOs, CTOs, national and international regulators, state and federal government representatives, entrepreneurs, startup tech firms, and anyone interested in InsurTech should attend.
What can I expect at the 2022 Global Insurance Symposium?
You can look forward to a powerhouse agenda of renowned keynote and panel speakers, as well as interactive demonstrations and networking sessions for all attendees to enjoy. Stay tuned for more details about our speakers and agenda.
What is the registration fee?
The registration fee to attend is $595. Register by February 5, 2022, for the early bird discount of $100 off registration.
What is included in my attendance?
- InsurTech Expo and Welcome Reception on Tuesday, April 19
- Speaker/Sponsor Dinner (by invitation only) on Tuesday, April 19
- Breakfast and lunch on Wednesday, April 20, and Thursday, April 21
- All sessions and keynotes on Wednesday, April 20, and Thursday, June 21
- Evening Reception on Wednesday, April 20
What are my personal expenses to attend?
- Registration fee
- Round-trip air transportation to Des Moines, Iowa
- Two nights at Hilton Des Moines Downtown (or the hotel of your choosing)
- Luggage fees
- Transportation and parking fees for your home airport
- Activities on your own
- Meals or beverages on your own (including room service)
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Gift purchases
- Any other items not mentioned as included
Who can I bring?
You may bring a guest, but they will need to register as an attendee.
What should I wear?
Business casual attire will be acceptable for sessions.
How can I prepare for my trip?
- Call the number on the back of your credit card to tell them that you will be traveling, so they don’t freeze your account. You may also want to ask if you have a daily spending limit.
- Take pictures of your travel documents (passport or other identification, airline confirmation, hotel confirmation, etc.) and the contents of your checked luggage.
- Download your airline’s app to check in 24 hours before your flight, check seat assignments, and track your flight. Don’t miss flight alerts, such as delays and cancellations.
- Ensure you have enough of your prescription medication for your entire trip (pack it in your carry-on).
When do I need to register?
Registration will begin on January 5, 2022. You must register by Tuesday, April 19, 2022.
How do I register?
You’ll use this website to register for the 2022 GIS. The process is simple:
- Select “Register” above.
- Fill in all requested fields and select “Submit.”
- Check your email for confirmation of your registration.
- If you do not receive confirmation of your registration, please contact Meeting Headquarters.
Who do I contact with registration questions or changes?
Please contact Global Insurance Symposium Meeting Headquarters:
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday
Phone: (844) 675-9553
Are there charges if I cancel after registering?
No. If you must cancel your registration, please contact Travel Headquarters as soon as possible at 844-675-9553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I know if I’m applicable for a registration discount?
If you’re applicable for a registration discount, you’ll receive an email with a discount code you can apply during registration.
How will airline arrangements be made for me?
Your flight to Des Moines will be at your own expense.
How will I get from the airport to Hilton Des Moines Downtown (or your own arranged hotel) and the Iowa Events Center?
You will be responsible for your own transportation to/from the airport and the hotel. Taxis or Uber rides are readily available. The Hilton Des Moines Downtown is connected to the Iowa Events Center by the Des Moines Skywalk system.
- Cabs from DSM International Airport to Hilton Des Moines Downtown are approximately $15 one way.
- Uber fares from DSM International Airport to Hilton Des Moines Downtown start at approximately $12 one way.
How early should I arrive at the airport for my flight?
We suggest that you arrive at least two hours before your flight departs (three hours for international travel) to allow you enough time to go through security and get to your gate. Don’t forget to check in to your airline’s website 24 hours prior to travel and view your flight itinerary so you are aware of any last-minute flight changes.
How should I pack?
Check your airline’s website for luggage size limitations and baggage fees.
Follow these guidelines for packing your carry-on and checked luggage:
Note: The airline carry-on restrictions do not apply to medical supplies and equipment. Travelers with disabilities and medical conditions can visit the TSA website to find out what to expect during airport screening and flying.
Can I drive?
Yes. Self-parking is $18 per day at Hilton Des Moines Downtown.
What travel documents do I need?
Citizens of the United States must have government-issued photo identification to travel to Des Moines. Please keep in mind:
- The name on your identification must exactly match the name on your airline ticket, including any middle name or middle initial.
- It’s a good idea to take pictures of your identification with your phone in case your ID is lost or stolen while traveling.
- The TSA may accept expired driver’s licenses or state-issued ID a year after expiration. Review the list of acceptable identification. It is your responsibility to present an acceptable form of identification at airport check-in.
Note: If you are not a U.S. citizen or you are traveling from a country outside of the United States, you will need to contact the appropriate foreign consulate to determine which travel identification documents you will need (such as a passport, tourist visas and/or transit visas).
HEALTH AND SAFETY
What tips should I follow to stay healthy during travel?
These tips will help keep you and your fellow travelers healthy:
- Get plenty of rest
- Frequently clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when you sneeze or cough
- Replace hand shaking with verbal greetings
- Avoid high-touch areas such as hand rails, door handles, etc.
- Carry disinfectant wipes to clean areas such as your plane tray table and arm rests
Note: Most airlines use high-efficiency air filters that are comparable to those used in hospital operating rooms. These HEPA filters capture 99% of the airborne microbes in recirculated air.
What steps can I take to help keep me safe during travel?
You can play a large part in ensuring your own safety by following these simple tips:
- Maintain a watchful eye of your immediate surroundings and keep belongings close to you.
- Do not venture out alone; it is always safer to travel in numbers. Be sure to ask the Hilton Des Moines Downtown staff if an area of the city you plan to visit is considered unsafe.
- Let someone know where you’re going and when you expect to return.